The Bewick collector : a descriptive catalogue of the works of Thomas and John Bewick, including cuts, in various states, for books and pamphlets, private gentlemen, public companies, exhibitions, races, newspapers, shop cards, invoice heads, bar bills, coal certificates, broadsides, and other miscellaneous purposes, and wood blocks : with an appendix of portraits, autographs, works of pupils, &c. &c. : the whole described from the originals contained in the largest and most perfect collection ever formed, and illustrated with a hundred and twelve cuts / by Thomas Hugo ...
- London : L. Reeve and Co., 1866.
- Physical Description:
- xxiii, , 562 p : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1212.B5 H8 Copy 1View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsSave 2504Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Printed by J.E. Taylor and Co.
BAC: 2 copies.
- Subject Terms:
- Bewick, John, 1760-1795 -- Bibliography.Bewick, Thomas, 1753-1828 -- Bibliography.Brice, Seward William, 1846-1914 -- Bookplate.Engraving -- Private collections.Reeve (Lovell) and Co. -- Publisher.Shorter, Clement King, 1857-1926 -- Bookplate.Taylor (J. E.) and Co. -- Printer.Wood-engraving -- Catalogs.
- Wood engravings -- 1866.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.