The book of ornamental alphabets, ancient and mediæval : from the eighth century, with numerals : including Gothic, church text, large and small, German arabesque, initials for illumination, monograms, crosses, &c. for the use of architectural and engineering draughtsmen, masons, decorative printers, lithographers, engravers, carvers, &c. &c. / collected and engraved by F. Delamotte.
- Third edition.
- London : E. & F.N. Spon, 1860.
- Physical Description:
- , 51 leaves ; 16 x 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK3600 D44 1860Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Advertisements: front and back endpapers.
Printed by C. Whiting.
- Subject Terms:
- Alphabets.Ducklewatte, Jeanette -- Autograph.Lettering.Spon, E. and F. N. -- Publisher.Whiting, C. -- Printer.
- Chromolithographs -- 1860.
YCBA Collections Search
Delamotte, F. (Freeman), 1814-1862, The book of ornamental alphabets, ancient and mediæval , 1860
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.