Robin Hood , 1832
- Robin Hood : a collection of all the ancient poems, songs, and ballads, now extant, relative to that celebrated English outlaw : to which are prefixed historical anecdotes of his life.
- Second edition.
- London : William Pickering ..., 1832.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2125 .R5 1832Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by Charles Whittingham.
Edited by Joseph Frank, with additions from the manuscript of Joseph Ritson and the "Tale of Robin Hood and the monk." cf. Pref.; also Lowndes, Bibl. manual.
First edition published 1795.
"The original engravings, by the celebrated Bewick, have been again used."
Hugo, T. Bewick collector (suppl.), 4371
- Subject Terms:
- Ballads, English.Pickering, William -- Publisher.Robin Hood (Legendary character) -- Poetry -- Early works to 1800.Todd, J. and G. -- Publisher.Whittingham, Charles -- Printer.
- Wood engravings -- 1832.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.