A pretty book of pictures for little masters and misses, or, Tommy Trip's History of beasts and birds : with a familiar description of each in verse and prose : to which is prefix'd The history of little Tom Trip himself, of his dog Jouler and of Woglog the great giant / written by Oliver Goldsmith for John Newbury, "the philanthropic bookseller of St. Paul's Church yard."
- The fifteenth edition, embellished with charming engravings on wood from the original blocks engraved by Thomas Bewick ...
- London : Edwin Pearson ..., 1867.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 124 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3487 .P7 1867Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title page in red and black.
Limited ed. of 250 copies.
Printed by J. Davy & Sons.
Hugo, T. Bewick collector (suppl.), 4412
- Subject Terms:
- Davy (J.) & Sons -- Printer.Knight, Hardwicke -- Bookplate.Pearson, Edwin -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1867.
YCBA Collections Search
Goldsmith, Oliver, 1730?-1774, A pretty book of pictures for little masters and misses, or, Tommy Trip's History of beasts and birds , 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.