IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Ancient historic ballads, 1807
Ancient historic ballads.
- Newcastle : Printed and sold by D. Akenhead and Sons : Sold also by Longman, Hurst, Rees, and Orme, Paternoster Row, London, 1807.
- Physical Description:
- , 236 p. : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR1181 A52 1807View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Ms. note on front free endpaper says wood engraving on t.p. is by John Hodgson; Hugo says it's by Thomas Bewick.
This copy belonged to Thomas Hugo.
Bound in original boards.
Hugo, T. Bewick collector, 3798
- Subject Terms:
- Akenhead (D.) and Sons -- Printer.Ballads, English.English poetry -- 18th century.Hugo, Thomas, 1820-1876 -- Bookplate.Longman, Hurst, Rees, and Orme -- Publisher.Mackey, Matthew -- Bookplate.
- Wood engravings -- 1807.
- Richard Plantagenet / by T. Hull
- The cave of Marar, the man of sorrows
- The battle of Floddon
- The hermit of Warkworth / by T. Percy --Hardyknute.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.