The minstrel, or, The progress of genius : in two parts : with some other poems / by James Beattie ..., with his life ; engravings on wood by Clennel from designs by Thurston.
- Alnwick : Printed by W. Davison, [18--]
- Physical Description:
- xxvi, , -198 p. : ill. ; 19 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3316.B4 M5 1800zAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Page 178 misnumbered 187.
Plates engraved by Luke Clennell and Edward Mitchell; after John Thurston.
Hugo asserts that Thomas Bewick must have had a hand in the engravings.cf. Hugo, T. Bewick collector, 223.
- Subject Terms:
- Boyle, John Roberts, 1853-1907 -- Autograph.
- Wood engravings -- [18--].
Engravings -- [18--].
YCBA Collections Search
Beattie, James, 1735-1803, The minstrel, or, The progress of genius , [18--]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.