The art and method of hatching and rearing all kinds of domestic poultry and game birds by steam / invented by J.H. Barlow ... ; also is added the method by which the Egyptians hatch ninety-six millions a year ; with descriptive plates.
- London : Printed for the proprietor, 1827.
- Physical Description:
- 20 p., 4 leaves of plates (one folded) : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF488 G7 B3 1827Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates engraved by W. Creswell; after J.H. Barlow.
J.H. Barlow's steam egg hatchery was exhibited at the Egyptian Hall in 1824.--Altick, R. Shows of London, p. 371-372.
Text printed by H. Hetherington.
- Subject Terms:
- Etching -- Specimens -- 1827.Hetherington, H. -- Printer.Poultry -- Equipment and supplies.Poultry industry -- Egypt.Poultry industry -- Great Britain.
- Aquatints -- 1827.
YCBA Collections Search
Barlow, J. H, The art and method of hatching and rearing all kinds of domestic poultry and game birds by steam , 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.