A memoir of Thomas Bewick / written by himself ; embellished by numerous wood engravings designed by the author for a work on British fishes.
- A new ed., prefaced and annotated by Austin Dobson ...
- London : B. Quaritch, 1887.
- Physical Description:
- [iii]-xxxiii, , 393 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1212 B5 A2 1887 Copy 1View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNJ18 B47 A12 1885 Copy 2View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : British Art Center has 2 copies that are different issues. Copy 1 has series statement wanting, as issued, and is bound in plain brown cloth with paper label on spine. Copy 2 has series statement, and is bound in cloth with gold-stamped leather spine. Copy 2 has call no. NJ18.B47 A12 1885 v.5
"R. Ward and Sons, printers, Newcastle-upon-Tyne."
Frontispiece after John Bewick.
Page  is a lithograph after Robert Elliot Bewick's engraving "The Maigre."
Edited by Jane Bewick.
- Subject Terms:
- Fishes -- Great Britain.Quaritch, Bernard -- Publisher.Ward (R.) and Sons -- Printer.
- Wood engravings -- 1887.
Lithographs -- 1887.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.