Foakes-Jackson, F. J. (Frederick John), 1855-1941, Social life in England, 1750-1850 , 1916
Social life in England, 1750-1850 / by F. J. Foakes Jackson.
- New York : The Macmillan company, 1916.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 338 p. ; 20 cm.
- Reference LibraryDA533 F63 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- "A course of Lowell lectures delivered in Boston in March 1916."--Pref.
Master negative microfilm available: Ann Arbor, University of Michigan, University Library, 1984, (MIUG84-B19491).
- Subject Terms:
- England -- Social life and customs.
- Life in the eighteenth century illustrated by the career of John Wesley.--George Crabbe.--Margaret Catchpole.--Gunning's "Reminiscences of Cambridge."--Creevey papers. The regency.--Social abuses as exposed by Charles Dickens.--Mid-Victorianism. W. M. Thackeray.--Sport, and rural England.