Stow , 
- Stow : the gardens of the Right Honourable the Lord Viscount Cobham ...
- London : Printed for B. Seeley, bookseller in Buckingham, and sold by John and James Rivington, in St. Paul's Church-yard, and Robert Sayer, opposite Fetter Lane, Fleet Street, .
- Physical Description:
- , , 28 p.,  leaves of plates (one folded) : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA7625 S86 S86 1751Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates by George Vertue and Gerard Van der Gucht; after Benton Seeley.
Added t.p.: Dialogue containing a description of thegardens of the Right Honourable the Lord Viscount Cobham ... -- Third edition. -- London, 1751.
Date from added t.p.
Plates are dated 1750.
Dialogue ... is by William Gilpin.
- (from t.p.) I. Forty views of the temples and other ornamental buildings in the said gardens, as also two views of the house -- II. A description of all the buildings, copies of the inscriptions, and translations of them -- III. A dialogue upon the said gardens
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain.Cobham, Richard Temple, Viscount, 1669?-1749.Engraving -- Specimens -- .Gardens -- Great Britain.Rivington, John and James -- Publisher.Sayer, Robert -- Publisher.Seeley, B. -- Publisher.Stowe House (England)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.