Orme's Pocket sketch book : containing studies from nature : to consist of landscape, figures, animals, &c. &c. : to be continued in numbers : price 2s. 6d. each in black and 5s. in colours : 12 numbers will form one pocket volume.
- Additional Title(s):
Pocket sketch book
- London : Published and sold by Edwd. Orme ..., 
- Physical Description:
- v. : all ill. ; 19 x 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC735 .O69 1799+ set 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC735 .O69 1799+ set 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title from engraved title page to part number 1.
With aquatint and stipple-engraved plates, after William Orme.
Date from plates.
BAC : British Art Center has two sets of four plates, cased together . Set 1 includes the engraved title to part number 1 (a 5th plate); engravings are hand-colored. Set 2 is uncolored, and lacks any title. Its first engraving varies from that in the first set (and lacks an imprint); the three remaining engravings are the same in both sets.
- Subject Terms:
- Orme, Edward, 1775-1848 -- Publisher.Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- 1799.Stipple engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1799.
- Aquatints -- 1799.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1799.