Coade's Gallery, or, Exhibition in artificial stone, Westminster-Bridge Road : ... of statues, vases, bustos, pedestals, and stoves, medallions and pannels in bass-relief, models from the antique, chimney pieces, monuments, fonts, coats of arms, &c. : being specimens from the manufactory, at Kings Arms Stairs, Narrow-Wall, Lambeth, opposite Whitehall and Hungerford-stairs, established in the year 1769 ...
- Additional Title(s):
Exhibition in artificial stone
- Lambeth : Printed by S. Tibson, No. 7, Bridge-road, near Astley's Ampitheatre, 1799.
- Physical Description:
- xii, -36 p.,  leaf of plates : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA3467 C62 1799+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- On colophon: Printed by S. Tibson ..., and sold by Hookham ..., Sewell ..., and at the Gallery.
Eleanor Coade was in partnership with John Sealy by 1799.
Kelly, A. "Mrs. Coade's stones," Connoisseur, vol. 197 (Jan. 1978), p. 114-125
BAC: British Art Center copy unbound; stitched, as issued.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Details -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Georgian -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Coade stone -- Early works to 1800.Coade's Artificial Stone Manufactory.Decoration and ornament -- Early works to 1800.Decoration and ornament -- Georgian style -- Early works to 1800.Decoration and ornament, Architectural -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Hookham -- Publisher.Sculpture -- Early works to 1800.Sewell -- Publisher.Stipple engraving.Stone, Artificial -- Early works to 1800.Tibson, S. -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.