John Cassell's Art treasures exhibition : containing engravings of the principal masterpieces of the English, Dutch, Flemish, French and German schools, with biographical sketches of the painters, and critical notices of their productions.
- London : W. Kent & Co., 1858.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 512 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN5056 .M36 C3 1858Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates engraved by Henry Duff Linton, William Brown, H.C. Best, and other, non-British, engravers; after Sir Davis Wilkie, William Henry Freeman, Edmond Morin, Sir Edwin Henry Landseer, Sir John Everett Millais, Sir Joshua Reynolds, Thomas Gainsborough, John Constable, Sir John Gilbert, J.M.W. Turner, Richard Wilson, Louis Marvy, William Hogarth, George Lance, Alfred Elmore, Charles Robert Leslie, Richard Westall, Sir Anthonie van Dyck, John Burnet, Andrew Masson, Sir Thomas Lawrence, Peter Paul Rubens, Frank Stone, Moses Valentin, and other, non-British, artists.
Later published under title: Masterpieces of celebrated painters.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- England -- Manchester -- Exhibitions.Art -- Exhibitions.Art Treasures Exhibition (1857 : Manchester, Greater Manchester)Kent (W.) & Co. -- Publisher.Painting -- England -- Manchester -- Exhibitions.
- Wood engravings -- 1858.
Engravings -- 1858.
YCBA Collections Search
Cassell, John, 1817-1865, John Cassell's Art treasures exhibition , 1858
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.