Ædes Walpolianæ, or, A description of the collection of pictures at Houghton-Hall in Norfolk, the seat of the Right Honourable Sir Robert Walpole, Earl of Orford.
- The second edition, with additions.
- London : Printed by John Hughs, near Lincoln's Inn-Fields, 1752.
- Physical Description:
- xxxv, 143 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., ports., plans ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN5247 W3 1752+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates by George Vertue; after Christian Friedrich Zincke, and Thomas Ripley.
"The ... account of Lord Orford's collection of pictures, is rather intended as a catalogue than as a description of them."--Introd.
Dedication signed: Horace Walpole.
Printer's statement taken from colophon.
Revision and enlargement of: 1st ed., 1747.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1752.Houghton Hall (England)Houghton Hall (England) -- Poetry.Hughes, John, -- Printer.Painting -- England -- Norfolk -- Catalogs.Painting -- Private collections -- England -- Norfolk -- Catalogs.Painting, Italian -- England -- Norfolk -- Catalogs.Walpole family -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Walpole, Robert, Earl of Orford, 1676-1745 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.
- A description of the pictures at Houghton-Hall
- A sermon on painting
- A journey to Houghton : a poem / by Mr. Whaley