Aedes Walpolianae, or, A description of the collection of pictures at Houghton-Hall in Norfolk : the seat of the Right Honourable Sir Robert Walpole, Earl of Orford.
- Additional Title(s):
Description of the collection of pictures at Houghton-Hall in Norfolk
- The third edition.
- London : [publisher not identified], Printed in the year MDCCLXVII 
[London] : Printed by J. Hughs, near Lincoln's-Inn-Fields, 
- Physical Description:
- 143 pages,  leaves of plates (some folded) : illustrations ; 29 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN5247 .W3 1767+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsN5247 .W3 1767+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Dedication signed: Horace Walpole.
Engravings by George Vertue; after Christian Friedrich Zincke and Thomas Ripley.
English short title catalogue, T68846
Hazen, A.T. Catalogue of Horace Walpole's library, 4
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 bound in contemporary calf. Annotated with some prices. Two short biographies in MS for Mario di Fiori tipped in at front.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in contemporary calf.
- Subject Terms:
- Houghton Hall (England) -- Early works to 1800.Houghton Hall (England) -- Poetry.Painting -- England -- Norfolk -- Catalogs.Painting -- Private collections -- England -- Norfolk -- Catalogs.Painting, Italian -- England -- Norfolk -- Catalogs.Walpole family -- Art collections -- Catalogs -- Early works to 1800.Walpole, Robert, Earl of Orford, 1676-1745 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.
- Engravings -- 1767.
Annotations (Provenance) -- 18th century.
- A description of the pictures at Houghton-Hall
- A sermon on painting
- A journey to Houghton : a poem / by the Rev. Mr. Whaley.