Ædes Walpolianæ, or, A description of the collection of pictures at Houghton-Hall in Norfolk : the seat of the Right Honourable Sir Robert Walpole, Earl of Orford.
- London : [s.n.], 1747.
- Physical Description:
- xxxv, 122 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., ports., plans. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN5247 W3 1747+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates by George Vertue; after Christian Friedrich Zincke, and Thomas Ripley.
Dedication signed: Horace Walpole.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1747.Houghton Hall (England)Houghton Hall (England) -- Poetry.Hughs, John -- Printer.Painting -- England -- Norfolk -- Catalogs.Painting -- Private collections.Painting, Italian -- England -- Norfolk -- Catalogs.Walpole family -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Walpole, Robert, Earl of Orford, 1676-1745 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.
- A description of the pictures at Houghton-Hall
- A sermon on painting
- A journey to Houghton : a poem / by the Rev. Mr. Whaley