La Fontaine in the game of the goose.
- [Paris? : s.n.], [ca. 1810].
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet : ill. ; 37 x 43 cm. folded to 19 x 12 cm. + 1 booklet ( leaves ; 12 cm)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 L23 1810Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- In case made from old flowered paper, with engraved labels that read: Le prix de sagesse. A Paris : Chez Demoure [?], Rue Christine, No. 2.
"This sheet represents 63 vignettes, each of which refers to a moral stanza taken from the of [sic] La Fontaine's Fables. Translated by M. Thomson ..."
Accompanying booklet has a rhyme for each move.
Whitehouse (p. 97) lists a game of the same title published by William Darton, ca. 1820.
- Subject Terms:
- Demoure -- Publisher.Fables.Lithography -- Specimens -- [ca. 1810].
- Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.