The Oriental annual, or, Scenes in India;, 1834-1840
- The Oriental annual, or, Scenes in India; comprising ... engravings from the original drawings by William Daniell, R.A. and a descriptive account by the Rev. Hobart Caunter, B.D.
- London, E. Churton [etc.] 1834-1840.
- Physical Description:
- 7 v. plates. 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS408 O65Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : British Art Center copy incomplete: have only The Oriental annual: lives of the Moghul emperors (1837).
Plates engraved by John Cochran, Robert Brandard, James C. Redaway, James Stevenson, John Cousen, William John Cooke, Thomas Garner, James Charles Armytage, J. Bourne, James Baylie Allen and Thomas Higham; after William Daniell.
Title varies: 1834-36, The Oriental annual, or Scenes in India.
1837, The Oriental annual. Lives of the Moghul emperors by the Rev. Hobart Caunter ... With ... engravings from drawings by William Daniell.
1838, The Oriental annual, or, Scenes in India.
1839-1840, The Oriental annual; containing a series of tales, legends, & historical romances by Thomas Bacon ... with engravings by W. and E. Finden from sketches by the author and Captain Meadows Taylor (subtitle varies slightly)
No more published.
- Subject Terms:
- Bentley, Samuel -- Printer.India -- Description and travel.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1837.Tilt, Charles, 1797-1861 -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.