Forster, Henry Rumsey, 1815-1884, The Stowe catalogue , MDCCCXLVII 
- The Stowe catalogue : priced and annotated / by Henry Rumsey Forster.
- London : David Bogue, Fleet Street, MDCCCXLVII 
London : Vizetelly Brothers, printers and engravers, Peterborough Court, Fleet Street, 
- Physical Description:
- xliii, , 310, 22 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN5245 .S6 1848+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsN5245 .S6 1848+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Advertisements: 22 pages at end.
Engraved vignette on title page.
Title page printed in black and red.
Preceded by an account of the family of Buckingham and Chandos and historical notice of the mansion and gardens at Stowe.
Sale conducted from August 15, 1848 to October 7, 1848.
"The celebrated Chandos portrait of Shakespeare": p. 298-304.
List of subscribers: p. v-x.
Commercial and trade advertisements: 22 pages at end.
Holmes, M. Country house described, p. 239
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 bound in contemorary tan calf and green blind-stamped cloth. Bookplae: Rupert Gunnis.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in contemporary green blind-stamped cloth; rebacked.
MUDD,AUCT X348 C46 I.1848/8/15b: Front cover detached.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Prices.Art objects -- England -- Buckinghamshire -- Catalogs.Auction catalogs -- England -- Stowe.Auction catalogs -- England.Beaufoy, Henry B.H. -- Bookplate.Buckingham and Chandos, Richard Plantagenet Temple Nugent Brydges Chandos Grenville, Duke of, 1797-1861 -- Art collections.Buckingham and Chandos, Richard Plantagenet Temple Nugent Brydges Chandos Grenville, Duke of, 1797-1861 -- Art collections.Country homes -- England -- Buckinghamshire -- Catalogs.Furniture -- Catalogs.Furniture -- England -- Buckinghamshire -- Catalogs.Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- Portraits.Stowe House (Buckinghamshire, England) -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Stowe House (Buckinghamshire, England) -- Catalogs.
- Wood engravings -- 1848.
Subscription lists (Publishing)
Auction catalogs -- 1848 08 15-10 07.
Auction catalogues -- 1848 08 15-10 07.
Binders' stamps (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.