The regal and ecclesiastical antiquities of England : containing, in a compleat series, the representations of all the English monarchs, from Edward the Confessor to Henry the Eighth : together with many of the great persons that were eminent under their several reigns : the figures are principally introduced in antient delineations of the most remarkable passages of history, and are correctly copied from the originals, which particularly express the dress and customs of the time, to which each piece respectively relates : the whole carefully collected from antient illuminated manuscripts / by Joseph Strutt.
- London : Published for the author by J. Thane ..., to be had also of Mr. Shropshire ..., and of Mr. Snelling ..., 1773.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 5-39,  p., 60 leaves of plates : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA110 S93 1773Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : This is a proof copy, with engravings printed on India paper.
- Subject Terms:
- Beckford, William, 1760-1844 -- Provenance.Clothing and dress -- Great Britain.Costume -- Great Britain.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1773.Great Britain -- Kings and rulers.Shropshire, Mr. -- Publisher.Snelling, Mr. -- Publisher.Thane, J. -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Strutt, Joseph, 1749-1802, The regal and ecclesiastical antiquities of England , 1773
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.