Pictorial casket : specimen.
- [Manchester : Bradshaw & Blacklock], .
- Physical Description:
- -10 p.,  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1860 B72 1852+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Ruled sheets for (subscriber's names) which were bound inside the back cover have been removed.
Publisher from first plate.
A traveller's specimen of Bradshaw & Blacklock's The pictorial casket of coloured gems. Originally issued in 15 monthly parts, it was published as a single volume in 1853 with a total of 30 color plates. This sample book, with 11 plates, presumably "travelled" at the time of the part issue (1852?)
Wakeman, G. Guide to 19th century colour printers, p. 16
Lewis, C. Picture printing, p. 322-323
- Subject Terms:
- Bradshaw & Blacklock -- Publisher.Color prints.Gift books.Publishers and publishing -- Great Britain.
- Chromoxylographs -- [1852?].
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.