A book of drawing, limning, washing or colouring of maps and prints : and the art of painting with the names and mixtures of colours used by the picture-drawers, or, The young-man's time well spent ...
- London : Printed by M. Simmons for Thomas Jenner, and are to be sold at his shop at the south entrance of the Royal Exchange, 1660.
- Physical Description:
- , 20 [i.e. 39] p. : ill., port. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC730 B6 1660+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Portrait of Durer engraved by Francis Delaram.
Author is possibly Thomas Jenner.
Other editions published under title: Albert Durer revived.
Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.), J663
- Subject Terms:
- Anatomy, Artistic.Colors.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Dürer, Albrecht, 1471-1528.Groon, Hannibal -- Autograph, 1712.Jenner, Thomas, fl. 1631-1656 -- Publisher.Painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Painting -- Technique.Simmons, M. -- Printer.Watercolor painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Watercolor painting -- Technique.
- Drawing books.
Handbooks and manuals.
Engravings -- 1660.
YCBA Collections Search
A book of drawing, limning, washing or colouring of maps and prints , 1660
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.