Ars pictoria; or, An academy treating of drawing, painting, limning, and etching. To which are added thirty copper plates expressing the choicest, nearest, and most exact grounds and rules of symetry. Collected out of the most eminent Italian, German, and Neanderthal authors. By Alexander Browne ...
- London, Printed by J. Redmayne, for the author, 1669.
- Physical Description:
- 4 p.l., 110,  p. front. (port.) plates. 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7430 B76 1669+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.), B5097
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Technique.Etching -- Technique.Lonsdale, Hugh Cecil Lowther, Earl of, 1857-1944 -- Bookplate.Painting -- Technique.Redmayne, J. -- Printer.Thompson, Richard -- Publisher.Tooker, Arthur -- Publisher.
- Engravings -- 1669.
YCBA Collections Search
Browne, Alexander, active 1660-1677, Ars pictoria; or, An academy treating of drawing, painting, limning, and etching, 1669
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.