Graphice : the use of the pen and pensil, or, The most excellent art of painting : in two parts / by William Sanderson.
- London : Printed for Robert Crofts, at the signe of the Crown in Chancery-Lane, under Serjeant's Inne, 1658.
- Physical Description:
- , 87 p.,  leaves of plates : ports ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC730 B6 1647+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Text on leaf a1v has been covered with glued-down piece of paper.
Bound with: A book of drawing, limning, washing or colouring of maps and prints. London: Thomas Jenner, 1647.
Portraits engraved by William Faithorne; one of Sanderson after Gerard Soest.
Added t.p. reads: Graphice, or, The use of the pen and pensill.
Signatures: pi² a-b² chi1 C1 B-Z²
Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, S648+ [title varies slightly]
- Subject Terms:
- Crofts, Robert -- Publisher.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Painting -- Early works to 1800.Painting -- Technique.
- Drawing books.
Handbooks and manuals.
Engravings -- 1658.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.