Ribeiro, Aileen, 1944-, The dress worn at masquerades in England, 1730 to 1790, and its relation to fancy dress in portraiture , 1984
The dress worn at masquerades in England, 1730 to 1790, and its relation to fancy dress in portraiture / Aileen Ribeiro.
- New York : Garland Pub., 1984.
- Physical Description:
- xlvi, 476 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Reference LibraryGT736 R52 1984 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Originally presented as the author's thesis (Ph. D.)--University of London, London, 1975.
Bibliography: p. 462-474.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress in art -- History -- 18th century.Costume -- England -- History -- 18th century.Portrait painting -- 18th century -- England.