Ribeiro, Aileen, 1944-, The dress worn at masquerades in England, 1730 to 1790, and its relation to fancy dress in portraiture , 1984
The dress worn at masquerades in England, 1730 to 1790, and its relation to fancy dress in portraiture / Aileen Ribeiro.
- New York : Garland Pub., 1984.
- Physical Description:
- xlvi, 476 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Reference LibraryGT736 R52 1984 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Originally presented as the author's thesis (Ph. D.)--University of London, London, 1975.
Bibliography: p. 462-474.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress in art -- History -- 18th century.Costume -- England -- History -- 18th century.Portrait painting -- 18th century -- England.