A treatise of japaning and varnishing : being a compleat discovery of those arts : with the best of making all sorts of varnish for japan, wood, prints, or pictures : the method of guilding, burnishing, and lackering, with the art of guilding, separating, and refining metals and of painting mezzo-tinto prints ... / by John Stalker and George Parker.
- Oxford : Printed for and sold by the authors, John Stalker, at the Golden Ball in St. James's Market, London, or by George Parker, at Mr. Richard Woods house over against the theater in Oxford, 1688.
- Physical Description:
- , 84 p., 24 leaves of plates : ill. ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTP938 S72 1688+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Includes errata leaf, with table of contents printed on verso.
Signatures: pi1 *² A-Y² (B2 missigned C2)
Wing S5187A+ (variant issue)
- Subject Terms:
- Brooke, Richard, Sir -- Bookplate.Decoration and ornament.Japanning.Lacquer and lacquering.Parker, George -- Publisher.Stalker, John -- Publisher.Varnish and varnishing.
- Etchings -- 1688.
Etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1688.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.