IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Albert Durer revived, or, A book of drawing, limning, washing, or colouring of maps and prints , 
Albert Durer revived, or, A book of drawing, limning, washing, or colouring of maps and prints : and the art of painting, with the names and mixtures of colours used by the picture-drawers : with directions how to lay and paint pictures upon glass, or, The young-man's time well spent ...
- London : Printed by F. Collins, for John Garrett ..., .
- Physical Description:
- , 21 [i.e. 40] p. : ill., port. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC730 B6 1698+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Portrait of Durer engraved by Francis Delaram.
Bound with: The English academy : a drawing book containing variety of examples of the external parts of men, women, and children's bodies. London : Printed by H. Lloyd, for Dixy Page, 1672.
Advertisements: list of books sold by John Garrett:  p. at end.
Author is possibly Thomas Jenner.
Signatures : [A]-L²
First published under title: A book of drawing, limning, washing or colouring of maps and prints.
Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.), A875G
- Subject Terms:
- Anatomy, Artistic.Borrowman, Jophn, Jr. -- Provenance.Borrowman, Rosamond, -1895 -- Pres. insc. from Jessie Freeman, 1879.Collins, F. -- Printer.Colors.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Dürer, Albrecht, 1471-1528.Freeman, Jessie -- Pres. insc. to Rosamond Borrowman, 1879.Freeman, John Grace -- Autograph, 1861.Garrett, John -- Publisher.Glass painting and staining.Painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Painting -- Technique.Watercolor painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Watercolor painting -- Technique.
- Drawing books.
Handbooks and manuals.
Engravings -- .
The Line of Beauty : British Drawings and Watercolors of the Eighteenth Century (Yale Center for British Art, 2001-05-19 - 2001-08-05) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.