A handbook to Mr. Albert Smith's entertainment entitled the Overland mail : being a reminiscence of travel on the homeward route from Suez to Boulogne : via the desert, Cairo, the pyramids, Malta, Marseilles, and Paris.
- [London] : Published for the author, 1850.
- Physical Description:
- vi, -47 p. : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsD919 .S64 1850Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Original printed wrappers bound in.
Bound by Riviere & Son.
Illustrations by Frederick Smythe; after William Beverley.
Printed by Savill & Edwards.
Altick, R. Shows of London, p. 274
- Subject Terms:
- Egypt -- Description and travel.Europe -- Description and travel.Panoramas.Riviere & Son -- Bookbinder.Savill & Edwards -- Printer.Senff, Gustavia -- Bookplate.Smith, Albert -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1850.
YCBA Collections Search
Smith, Albert, 1816-1860, A handbook to Mr. Albert Smith's entertainment entitled the Overland mail , 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.