Landscape illustrations of the Waverley novels : with descriptions of the views ...
- London : Charles Tilt ..., 1834.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5329 L3 1834 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates engraved by Edward Francis Finden and William Finden; after David Roberts, George Barret, James Duffield Harding, George Fennel Robson, George Cattermole, Peter De Wint, William Westall, Anthony Vandyke Copley Fielding, Clarkson Stanfield, William Daniell, Ramsay Richard Reinagle, Alexander Nasmyth, Samuel Prout, James Baillie Fraser, Frederick Nash, Thomas Stothard, Henry Gastineau, John Constable, William Purser, Samuel Austin, William Brockedon, Alexander Chisholm, and William Evans.
Each plate accompanied by leaf with descriptive letterpress.
- Subject Terms:
- Robinson, Sydney John -- Bookplate.Scott, Walter, 1771-1832. Waverley novels -- Illustrations.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1834.Tilt, Charles, 1797-1861 -- Publisher.
- v.1. Waverley to Legend of Montrose
- v.2. Ivanhoe to Woodstock
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.