IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Ibbetson, Julius, 1759-1817, An accidence, or gamut, of painting in oil / by Julius Caesar Ibbetson, 1828
An accidence, or gamut, of painting in oil / by Julius Caesar Ibbetson.
- Second edition, with a brief memoir of the author's life and his portrait / engraved by R. Cooper from a painting by J.R. Smith, also, his method of preparing gumtion for rendering every colour transparent, with other recipes, never before published.
- London : Harvey and Darton, 1828.
- Physical Description:
- xii, [ix]-xiii, 18 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1500 I22 1828+ Copy 1 OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1500 I22 1828+ Copy 2 OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Portrait engraved by Robert Cooper after John Raphael Smith; etchings by and after Julius Ibbetson.
British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 2 is imperfect: p. vii-x (first sequence) is wanting; pages have been replaced with photocopies.
Copy 2 has a watercolor by an amateur (after Ibbetson?) laid in at back.
- Subject Terms:
- Colors.Harvey and Darton -- Publisher.Painting -- Technique.
- Etchings -- 1828.
Wood engravings -- 1828.
Engravings -- 1828.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.