Description of the banquet given in honour of the Right Hon. Sir Robert Peel ... : on his election as lord rector of the University of Glasgow : detailing the proceedings at the election and inauguration, the addresses of various public bodies, and reports of the speeches at the dinner / corrected by Sir Robert Peel and the other speakers ; containing also pictorial illustrations, plans, and sections of the banqueting hall, and the common hall of the university ; with a list of the names of the noblemen and gentlemen who attended the festival.
- [Glasgow] : John Smith & Son, Glasgow, William Blackwood and Sons, Edinburgh, John Murray, London and William Curry, Jun. & Co., Dublin, 1837.
- Physical Description:
- , 144 p.,  leaves of plates (one folded) : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA536 P3 D4 1837+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates lithographed and printed by Maclure & Macdonald.
In original printed boards.
Advertisements:  p. catalogue of artists' materials, etc. available from J. & M. Finlay, Glasgow, tipped-in at front. Printed by Bell and Bain.
Edited by James Cleland.
Added lithographed t.p.
- Subject Terms:
- Bell and Bain -- Printer.Blackwood (William) and Sons -- Publisher.Curry (William, Jr.) & Co. -- Publisher.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1837.Maclure & Macdonald -- Printer.Murray, John -- Publisher.Peel, Robert, 1788-1850.Smith (John) & Sox -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Description of the banquet given in honour of the Right Hon. Sir Robert Peel ... , 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.