A catalogue of pictures by British artists in the possession of Sir John Fleming Leicester, Bart. : with etchings from the whole collection : including the pictures in his gallery at Tabley House, Cheshire : executed by permission of the proprietor : and accompanied with historical and biographical notices / by John Young ; engraver in mezzotinto to His Majesty, and Keeper of the British Institution.
- London : Published by the proprietor, No. 65, Upper Charlotte-Sreet, Fitzroy Square : and sold also by Hurst, Robinson and Co. Pall-Mall : R. Jennings, Poultry : G. and W. Nicol, Pall-Mall : Molteno, Pall-Mall : Colnaghi, Cockspur-Street : and Lloyd and Son, Harley -Street, 1825.
Leeds : Printed by Robinson and Hernaman, 
- Physical Description:
- , 33,  pages, 33 leaves of plates : illustrations ; 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN5247 .D4 1825+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsN5247 .D4 1825+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Etchings after William Owen, John Hoppner, Thomas Gainsborough, George Henry Harlowe [i.e. Harlow], John Opie, Sir Joshua Reynolds, J.M.W. Turner, Henry Thomson, Henry Bone, Martin Archer Shee, William Hilton, Henry Fuseli, James Northcote, Williams Collins, George Romney, Richard Wilson, George Vincent, Benjamin West, Benjamin Barker, Arthur William Devis, Philippe Jacques de Loutherbourg, James Ward, William Behnes, Henry Howard, Richard Belgrave Hoppner, John Augustus Atkinson, Peter Francis Bourgeois, Thomas Barker, William Beechey, Augustus Wall Callcott, Samuel Williamson, and George Barret.
Preface dated 1821.
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 bound in contemporary half black morocco with plum morocco boards. First leaf of plates bound in as frontispiece.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in later green cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art -- Private collections.Colnaghi -- Publisher.De Tabley, John Fleming Leicester, Baron, 1762-1827 -- Art collections.G. and W. Nicol -- Publisher.Hurst, Robinson and Co. -- Publisher.Jennings, J. -- Publisher.Lloyd and Son -- Publisher.Molteno -- Publisher.Nicol, G. and W. -- Publisher.Painting -- England -- Catalogs.Painting -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Painting -- Private collections -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Painting -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Painting, British -- Catalogs.Robinson and Hernaman -- Printer.
- Etchings -- 1825.
YCBA Collections Search
De Tabley, John Fleming Leicester, Baron, 1762-1827, A catalogue of pictures by British artists in the possession of Sir John Fleming Leicester, Bart. , 1825
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.