The bibliographical decameron, or, Ten days pleasant discourse upon illuminated manuscripts, and subjects connected with early engraving, typography, and bibliography / by the Rev. T.F. Dibdin ...
- London : Printed for the author, by W. Bulmer and Co., Shakspeare Press, and sold by G. and W. Nicol, Payne and Foss, Evans, John and Arthur Arch, Triphook, and J. Major, 1817.
- Physical Description:
- 3 v. : ill., ports., facsims. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ1001 D54 1817+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- This copy is extra-illustrated with portraits, etc., including drawings and proofs of some of the illustrations (most by and after George Robert Lewis).
Illustrations engraved by Samuel Freeman, George Robert Lewis, Philipp Audinet, Charles Picart, Thomas Vivares, Henry Cook, John Swaine, Francis Engleheart, William Angus, Thomas Hodgetts, Henry Hoppner Meyer, William Holl, William Henry Worthington, Charles Heath and Edward Scriven; after George Robert Lewis, John Swaine, Henry Cook, Hans Holbein, Thomas Vivares, Thomas Hodgetts, William Behnes, Henry Edridge, William Hilton, John James Masquerier, Robert Edge Pine, Thomas Phillips, and Edward Edwards.
Large paper edition.
Bound by Charles Lewis in elaborate gold-tooled olive morocco, with gauffered edges.
- Subject Terms:
- Arch, John and Arthur -- Publisher.Arden family -- Bookplate.Arden, John -- Autograph, 1818.Bibliography.Book collectors -- Great Britain.Bookbinding -- [1818?] -- Gauffered edges.Bookbinding.Books -- Prices.Bulmer (W.) and Co. -- Printer.Engraving.Evans -- Publisher.Illumination of books and manuscripts.Lewis, Charles, 1786-1836 -- Bookbinder.Major, J. -- PublisherNicol, G. and W. -- Publisher.Payne and Foss -- Publisher.Printing.Triphook -- Publisher.
- Etchings -- 1817.
Wood engravings -- 1817.
Extra-illustrated copies (Provenance)
Stipple engravings -- 1817.
Stipple engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1817.
Engravings -- 1817.
Woodcuts -- 1817.
YCBA Collections Search
Dibdin, Thomas Frognall, 1776-1847, The bibliographical decameron, or, Ten days pleasant discourse upon illuminated manuscripts, and subjects connected with early engraving, typography, and bibliography , 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.