Darwin, Erasmus, 1731-1802, A plan for the conduct of female education , 1797
A plan for the conduct of female education : in boarding schools / by Erasmus Darwin ...
- Derby : Printed by J. Drewry for J. Johnson, St. Paul's Church-yard, London, 1797.
- Physical Description:
- viii, -128 p.,  leaf of plates : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsLC1421 D3 1797+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Frontispiece engraved by William Byrne; after John Glover.
BAC: Bound in original boards.
LWL 659 797D: P. Murray Hill Aug. 1945.
"Apology for the work": p. -128 includes charges at Miss Parkers school at Ashbourn, and "books printed by the author."
"Catalogue of books": p. 118-126.
- Subject Terms:
- Conduct of life.Drewry, J. -- Printer.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1797.Johnson, J. -- Publisher.Marks, John L. -- Bookplate.Women -- Education.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.