Lectures on painting : delivered at the Royal Academy, March, 1801 / by Henry Fuseli ... ; with additional observations and notes.
- London : Printed for J. Johnson, Luke Hansard, printer, 1801-1820.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., port. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1150 F9+ Copy 1 OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1150 F9+ Copy 2 OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates by Robert William Sievier and Francis Legat; after Moses Haughton and Henry Fuseli. Tailpiece in v.1 by William Blake after Fuseli.
British Art has 2 copies. Copy 2 is incomplete: vol. 2 wanting.
Vol. 2 omits the words "March 1801" in title, and has imprint: London: Printed for T. Cadell and W. Davies, in the Strand ... and W. Blackwood, Edinburgh, 1820.
Russell, A. Engravings of William Blake, 95
- Subject Terms:
- Blackwood, W. -- Publisher.Cadell, T. -- Publisher.Davies, W. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1801-1820.Hansard, Luke, 1752-1828 -- Printer.Johnson, J. -- Publisher.Painting.Spottiswoode, A. & R. -- Printer.
- v.1. Ancient art
- Art of the moderns
- v.2. Invention, part 2
- Composition, expression