Lectures on painting delivered at the Royal Academy of Arts : with a letter on the proposal for a public memorial of the naval glory of Great Britain / by the late John Opie ... : to which are prefixed a memoir by Mrs. Opie ; and other accounts of Mr. Opie's talents and character.
- London : Longman, Hurst, Rees and Orme ..., 1809.
- Physical Description:
- vi, , 81, 186 p. : port. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1135 O6 1809+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Portrait engraved by Samuel William Reynolds; after John Opie.
Text printed by Richard Wilson & Co.
Binding is stamped with inscription that reads: Presented by the Royal Academy of Arts, London, December ix, MDCCCXXXVII, to Mr. George Nelson, for the best model from the antique.
- Subject Terms:
- Longman, Hurst, Rees and Orme -- Publisher.Nelson, George -- Pres. insc. from the Royal Academy of Arts (Great Britain), 1837.Opie, John, 1761-1807.Painting.Royal Academy of Arts (Great Britain) -- Pres. insc. to George Nelson, 1837.Taylor (Richard) and Co. -- Printer.
- Mezzotints -- 1809.
YCBA Collections Search
Opie, John, 1761-1807, Lectures on painting delivered at the Royal Academy of Arts , 1809
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.