The complete dictionary of arts and sciences : in which the whole circle of human learning is explained, and the difficulties attending the acquisition of every art, whether liberal or mechanical, are removed, in the most easy and familiar manner ... / the theological, philological and critical branches by the Rev. Temple Henry Croker ... ; the medicinal, anatomical, and chemical, by Thomas Williams ... ; the mathematical by Samuel Clark ...
- London : Printed for the authors, and sold by J. Wilson and J. Fell ..., J. Fletcher & Co. ..., J. Coote ..., Fletcher & Hodson, Cambridge, and W. Smith & Co., Dublin, 1765-1766.
- Physical Description:
- 3 v. : ill., maps ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsAE5 C65 1765+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Plates engraved by Charles Grignion, George Rollos, John Lodge, and John Gibson; after Samuel Wale and George Rollos.
Vol. 1 dated 1766; v. 2, 1765; v. 3, 1766.
- Subject Terms:
- Coote, J. -- Publisher.Encyclopedias and dictionaries.Fletcher & Hodson -- Publisher.Fletcher (J.) & Co. -- Publisher.Smith (W.) & Co. -- Publisher.Wilson (J.) & Fell (J.) -- Publisher.Wilson, Henry, Sir -- Bookplate.
- Engravings -- 1764-1766.
Etchings -- 1764-1766.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.