Ambulator, or, A pocket companion in a tour round London : within the circuit of twenty-five miles : describing whatever is most remarkable for antiquity, grandeur, elegance, or rural beauty : including new catalogues of pictures, and illustrated by historical and bibliographical observations : to which are prefixed a concise description of the metropolis, and a map of the country described.
- The fifth edition.
- London : Printed (by assignment from the assignees of John Bew) for Scatcherd and Whitaker ..., 1793.
- Physical Description:
- , 312 p.,  folded leaf of plates : map ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA679 A42 1793 Copy 1View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA679 A42 1793 Copy 2View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 2 has the bookplate of Sir Henry Wilson.
- Subject Terms:
- Bew, John -- Printer.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1793.London (England) -- Guidebooks.London (England) -- Suburbs and environs.Scatcherd and Whitaker -- Publisher.Wilson, Henry, Sir -- Bookplate.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.