London exhibited in 1852 : elucidating its natural and physical characteristics, antiquity and architecture, arts, manufactures, trade, and organization, social, literary, and scientific institutions, and numerous galleries of fine art / with two hundred and five illustrations executed by Mr. Robert Branston, Mr. O. Jewitt, Mr. J.R. Jobbins, and others, including a newly-constructed map engraved by Mr. Wilson Lowry ; edited and published by John Weale.
- Second edition.
- London : J. Weale, 1852.
- Physical Description:
- 910 p.,  leaves of plates (one folded) : ill., port., plans, map ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA683 .L66 1852Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates engraved by John Richard Jobbins, Thomas Orlando Sheldon Jewitt, Butlin, and John Smith Heaviside; after William Andrews Nesfield, and William Henry Prior.
BAC: British Art Center copy imperfect: folded map wanting. Blind-stamped brown publisher's cloth binding. Advertisements: 7 p. at end.
Cover title: London and its vicinity.
Published later under titles "A new survey of London" and "The pictorial handbook of London." cf. Note in latter.
- Subject Terms:
- London (England) -- Description and travel.Weale, John -- Publisher.Woodfall (G.) and Son -- Printer.
- Chromolithographs -- 1852.
Wood engravings -- 1852.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.