Ruskin, John, 1819-1900, Salsette and Elephanta , 1839
- Salsette and Elephanta : a prize poem, recited in the theatre, Oxford, June 12, 1839 / by John Ruskin.
- Oxford : Printed and published by J. Vincent, 1839.
- Physical Description:
- 19 p. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5261 S3 1839 Copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5261 S3 1839Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- British Art Center has 2 copies, cased together. Copy 1 has the stamp of Mr. Buckle. Copy 2 has the autograph of Frances Symonds.
BEIN Ruskin 839sa: Original blue paper wrappers.
BEIN Ruskin 839saa and Ruskin 839saab: In: Oxford prize poems. [Illus. ed.] Oxford, 1839. 18 cm. p. 357-371. Last in v. and not included in table of contents. Cf. Wise, 1, 3.
Both copies are bound in original blue paper printed wrappers.
The Newdigate prize poem, 1839.
Wise, T.J. Ruskin, 1
Tinker lib., 1839
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- Buckle, G. -- Stamp (BAC RB PR5261 S3 1839 copy 1).Symonds, Frances -- Autograph. (BAC Rb PR5261 S3 1839 copy 2).Vincent, J. -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.