Lectures on architecture and painting : delivered at Edinburgh, in November, 1853 / by John Ruskin ... ; with illustrations drawn by the author.
- London : Smith, Elder, and Co., 1854.
- Physical Description:
- vi, , 239,  p., 15 leaves of plates : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7445.2 .R78 1854 copy 1View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7445.2 .R78 1854 copy 2View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Frontispiece by Thomas Goff Lupton.
BAC British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 is bound in brown publisher's cloth & has a binder's ticket that reads: Westley's & Co. The 16 p. of advertisements at the end are dated April, 1854. Copy 2 is bound in calf and has the bookplate of Frederick Burgess.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture.Burgess, Frederick, 1826 or 7-1893 -- Bookplate.Mathews, Morton -- Autograph.Painting.Pre-Raphaelitism.Smith, Elder and Co. -- Publisher.Spottiswoode, A. and G.A. -- Printer.Turner, J. M. W. (Joseph Mallord William), 1775-1851.
- Wood engravings -- 1854.
- Turner and his works