Rudiments of drawing, shadowing, and colouring flowers in water colours : contained in thirty-six instructive lessons, illustrated by twenty-nine plates from the outline of a single leaf progressively to the completion of a fine group : intended for beginners and students of this delightful art : with a description of colours used & the method of mixing them.
- London : Printed by H.K. Causton, No. 14, Birchin-Lane, Cornhill : 1818 [i.e. 1817]
- Physical Description:
- , 36 p., , 29 leaves of plates : ill. ; 27 x 42 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 158Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Label on front cover reads: Rudiments of flower drawing in water colours.
Frontispiece is engraved advertisement for: G. Testolini, engraver, printseller, & frame maker ...
- Subject Terms:
- Botanical illustration.Causton, H. K. -- Printer.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Etching -- Specimens -- 1817.Flowers in art.Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- 1817.Testolini, G. -- Publisher.Watercolor painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Watercolor painting -- Technique.
- Aquatints -- 1817.
Handbooks and manuals.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1817.
YCBA Collections Search
Rudiments of drawing, shadowing, and colouring flowers in water colours , 1818 [i.e. 1817]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.