Ruskin, John, 1819-1900, Letters upon subjects of general interest from John Ruskin to various correspondents, 1892
- Letters upon subjects of general interest from John Ruskin to various correspondents.
- London : Privately printed, 1892.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 101,  p. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5263 A4 1892 Copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5263 A4 1892 Copy 2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is one of 33 copies printed on handmade paper. With the bookplate of Hubert John Greenwood. Copy 2 is one of 7 copies on vellum.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 is one of 7 copies on vellum. Bound in limp vellum with yapp edges and olive green ties, exactly in the manner of bindings issued by the Kelmscott Press.
BEIN Ruskin 892L copy 1: One of thirty-three copies printed on handmade paper.
BEIN Ruskin 892L copy 2: One of 7 copies printed on vellum.
BEIN: all copies wanting erratum slip.
BEIN Ruskin 892L copy 1: Original bright green cloth boards, lettered: Letters, First series.
BEIN Ruskin 892L copy 2: Imprint on last leaf: Privately printed: 1892. Binder's title: Letters upon subjects of general interest.
"The volume contains thirty-six letters, five of which had appeared previously in various magazines, the remaining thirty-one being printed here for the first time."--Wise.
"Following the text is a leaf bearing the following imprint: 'Privately printed: 1892.' ... In the paper copies this imprint was erroneously printed '1890' and an erratum slip was consequently inserted to correct the mistake."--Wise.
On spine: Letters. First series.
According to W.G. Partington's "Forging ahead" (p. 294), this was printed by R. Clay & Cons for T.J. Wise, who stated that 40 copies were issued.
"The impression of this book is limited to a few copies for private circulation only."
Wise, T.J. Ruskin, 1138
- Subject Terms:
- Greenwood, Hubert John, 1867-1932 -- Bookplate.Ruskin, John, 1819-1900 -- Correspondence.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.