Hortus inclusus : messages from the wood to the garden, sent in happy days to the sister ladies of the Thwaite Coniston / by their thankful friend John Ruskin.
- Additional Title(s):
- Orpington, Kent : George Allen, 1887.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 172 p. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5263 A4 1887 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5263 A4 1887 Copy 2View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 has the bookplate of Beatrix Farrand. Copy 2 has a pres. insc. to Sarah Bradley from Theo. Compton.
BEIN Tinker 1852: Bookplate of A.C. Ainger.
BEIN Ruskin 887h: Original green cloth binding.
BEIN 2000 1751: Original green cloth binding. Bookplate of Eliza Gutch. Autograph: Eliza Gutch, Nov. 19, 1888. Ms. annotations by Helen Gill Viljoen. From the collection of F.J. Sharp.
Selections from Ruskin's letters.
Edited by Albert Fleming.
Wise, T.J. Ruskin, 264
Tinker Library, 1852
- Subject Terms:
- Ainger, A. C. -- Bookplate.Allen, George -- Publisher.Bradley, Sarah -- Pres. insc. from Theo Compton, 1896.Compton, Theo. -- Pres. insc. to Sarah Bradley, 1896.Farrand, Beatrix, 1872-1959 -- Bookplate.Gutch, Eliza -- Autograph.Gutch, Eliza -- Bookplate.Hazell, Watson, & Viney -- Printer.Ruskin, John, 1819-1900 -- Correspondence.Sharp, F. J. -- Ownership.Viljoen, Helen Gill -- Ms. notes.
- Annotations (Provenance) -- 20th century.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.