Deucalion. Collected studies of the lapse of waves, and life of stones. By John Ruskin ... Volume I.
- Sunnyside, Orpington, Kent : G. Allen, 1879.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 290 p. front., illus., plates (part col.) 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5261 D4 1879Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Covers and special title pages are wanting in British Art Center copy.
Plates engraved by George Allen and John Rapkin; after John Ruskin, George Allen, J. Clifton Ward, and Lawrence Hilliard.
Vol. I was originally issued in 6 parts, 1875-79. Parts VII-VIII (Vol. II, p. 1-88) were issued in 1880-83, but never as a volume in any authorized edition.
The parts were issued in paper covers, each with special t.p.
- Subject Terms:
- Geology.George Allen -- Publisher.Hazell, Watson, & Viney -- Printer.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1879.Steel engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1879.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.