Egan, Pierce, 1772-1849, Pierce Egan's Finish to the adventures of Tom, Jerry, and Logic, in their pursuits through life in and out of London , 1830
- Pierce Egan's Finish to the adventures of Tom, Jerry, and Logic, in their pursuits through life in and out of London / illustrated by the pencil of Mr. Robert Cruikshank, in 36 scenes from real life, & enriched with several designs on wood by the same artist.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Life in and out of London.
Finish to the adventures of Tom, Jerry, and Logic
- London : Printed by C. Baynes ... for G. Virtue ..., 1830.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 368 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4649.E45 L54 1830Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: Abbey copy. First issue. Woodcuts on p. 40 and 42.
BEIN 1978 1182: First issue, with woodcut on p. 7 Cf. A.M. Cohn's George Cruikshank: a catalogue raisonné, no. 264. Plate opposite p. 251 by George Cruikshank.
BEIN 1978 1182: Provenance: This copy has bookplate of Alvin Krech.
Running title: Life in and out of London.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 284
Fairman, Elisabeth R. Pleasures and pastimes, 285
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- Baynes, C. -- Printer.Krech, Alvin W. -- Bookplate.London (England) -- Social life and customs.Virtue, G. -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1830.
Wood engravings -- 1830.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.