A general dictionary of painters : containing memoirs of the lives and works of the most eminent professors of the art of painting, from its revival by Cimabue in the year 1250 to the present time / by Matthew Pilkington.
- Additional Title(s):
Pilkington's dictionary of painters
- A new edition, revised and corrected throughout, with numerous additions, particularly of the most distinguished artists of the British school.
- London : Printed for Thomas Tegg ..., 1829.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND35 P54 1829Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : British Art Center copy imperfect: v. 2 wanting (L-Z).
BEIN 1998 1280: Printed waste used in binding.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Subject Terms:
- Davison, Thomas -- Printer.Fownes, H. G. -- Autograph.Lloyd, William, 1779-1843 -- Bookplate.Painters -- Dictionaries.Tegg, Thomas -- Publisher.
- Printed waste (Binding).
YCBA Collections Search
Pilkington, Matthew, 1701-1784, A general dictionary of painters , 1829
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.