Excursions in the county of Kent : comprising brief historical and topographical delineations : together with descriptions of the residences of the nobility and gentry, remains of antiquity, and other interesting objects of curiosity : forming a complete guide for the traveller and tourist : illustrated with fifty engravings, including a map of the county.
- London : Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, J. Greig ..., and P. Youngman, Witham and Maldon, Essex, 1822.
- Physical Description:
- , [ii]-v, 192 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., plan ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 K3 C76 1822 Copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 C8 C79 1824 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Map engraved by Thomas Starling.
Plates engraved by William Deeble, James Bingley, John Greig, Edward John Roberts, Thomas Barber, William Wallis, William Tombleson, J.A. Rolph, Thomas Higham, and John Hawkesworth; after William Deeble, Thomas Hosmer Shepherd, Henry Gastineau, John Hawkesworth, William Tombleson, Samuel Prout, Thomas Barber and Thomas Higham.
No more published. cf. Lowndes.
Originally issued in numbers, in the author's series Excursions through England and Wales, Scotland and Ireland. cf. DNB
Added engraved t.p. reads: Excursions through Kent ... vol. 1.
BAC: British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 2 is bound with: Excursions through Cornwall / Thomas Cromwell. London : Simpkin & Marshall, 1824.
BAC: Copy 2 imperfect. Letterpress t.p. wanting.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1822.Greig, J. -- Publisher.Hunnewell, James Frothingham, 1832-1910 -- Bookplate. (Copy 2)Kent (England) -- Antiquities.Kent (England) -- Description and travel.King, Benjamin Giles -- Bookplate.Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown -- Publisher.Youngman, P. -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Cromwell, Thomas, 1792-1870, Excursions in the county of Kent , 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.