Excursions in the county of Surrey : comprising brief historical and topographical delineations : together with descriptions of the residences of the nobility and gentry, remains of antiquity, and other interesting objects of curiosity : forming a complete guide for the traveller & tourist : illustrated with fifty engravings, including a map of the county.
- London : Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, J. Greig ..., and P. Youngman, Witham and Malden, Essex, 1821.
- Physical Description:
- , iv, 190 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., plan ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 S96 C76 1821 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 S98 C76 1822 Copy 2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Map engraved by Thomas Starling.
Plates engraved by John Greig, Thomas Barber, William Wallis, Thomas Higham, John Charles Varrall, William Deeble, and T.A. Dale; after H. Bond, Henry Gastineau, W.K. Morland, John Greig, William Deeble, and Thomas Higham.
Added engraved t.p., with vignette, reads: Excursions through Surrey.
Originally issued in numbers, in the author's series Excursions through England and Wales, Scotland and Ireland. cf. DNB.
BAC: British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 2 is imperfect: letterpress t.p. and maps wanting.
BAC: Copy 2 is bound with: Excursions in the county of Sussex / Thomas Cromwell. London : Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme and Brown ..., 1822. (DA670.S98 C76 1822)
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1821.Greig, J. -- Publisher.Hunnewell, James Frothingham, 1832-1910 -- Bookplate. (Copy 2)King, Benjamin Giles -- Bookplate. (Copy 1)Lithography -- Specimens -- 1821.Longmans, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown -- Publisher.Surrey (England) -- Antiquities.Surrey (England) -- Description and travel.Youngman, P. -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Cromwell, Thomas, 1792-1870, Excursions in the county of Surrey , 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.