Excursions through Ireland : comprising topographical and historical delineations : together with descriptions of the residences of the nobility and gentry, remains of antiquity, and every other object of interest or curiosity : forming a complete guide for the traveller and tourist : illustrated with 121 engravings / by Thomas Cromwell.
- London : Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, J. Greig , and P. Youngman, Witham and Maldon, Essex, 1820.
- Physical Description:
- 3 v. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA990 L5 C76 1820Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates engraved by John Greig, Thomas Higham, William Deeble, Thomas Barber, Edward John Roberts, J. Hawkins, William Wallis, Thomas Frazer Ranson, Robert Acon, T.A. Dale, and John Charles Varrall; after George Petrie, John Greig, H. Gratton, Gaspare Gabrielli, T.B. Godwin, Samuel Frederick Brocas, M. Dennot, I. Aldis, I. Ross, and John Mills.
Engraved half t.p.s; v.2 dated 1821
Originally issued in numbers, in the author's series: Excursions through England and Wales, Scotland and Ireland. cf. DNB
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Ireland.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1820.Greig, J. -- Publisher.Ireland -- Description and travel.King, Benjamin Giles -- Bookplate.Leinster (Ireland) -- Antiquities.Leinster (Ireland) -- Description and travel.Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown -- Publisher.Youngman, P. -- Publisher.
- v.1-3. Province of Leinster